The Mike Ferry Organization is Proud to Support ABF
The Andrea Bocelli Foundation (ABF) was created July 2011 and empowers people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, distress due to illness and social exclusion. They support national and international projects with the aim of overcoming these barriers and helping challenged individuals express their full potential.
Please, help us empower people and communities in need!
On Easter Sunday, by invitation of the City and of the Duomo cathedral of Milan, Italian global music icon Andrea Bocelli gave a solo performance representing a message of love, healing and hope to Italy and the world. It was an emotional thing to watch and seeing Andrea standing in front of the Duomo singing Amazing Grace just made us so aware that we are all in this together.
ABF started an international GoFundMe page to raise money for medical equipment in Italy as well as other projects to help where needed. It is heartwarming to see people come together to make a difference!If you are one of the over 36 million people that watched this amazing performance of hope, please consider making a donation of 5.00 Euros on the GoFundMe page https://www.gofundme.com/f/abfxcovid19. We are hoping that we can all give that amount to acknowledge the message that Andrea brought to the world.
GoFundMe allows you to type a message so we would encourage you to simply type 505 …. It will allow us to show our support for ABF and get as many 5.00 donations as possible.
Please note that GoFundMe does not supply tax receipts. If you want a tax receipt or would like to make a larger donation please use the CAF link (This is the best link to use. ) to receive a tax receipt.
The other day, Mike talked about how to overcome fear and one way is do something that makes a difference. We are all in this together and we will come out of it stronger than before. I read this powerful quote …. “This is not a time for self-centeredness, because the challenge we are facing is shared by all, without distinguishing between persons.”
Please consider a 5.00 Euro donation and finding 3 other people who will do the same.
Thank you and stay healthy and safe!
How MFO Became Involved
In 2016, Mike and I met Andrea Bocelli through his cousin. He actually came to speak to our Italian clients for free … which was both amazing and exciting! As a way of saying Thank You, we donated to his foundation. We then talked about sharing this foundation with our great North American clients. Before we made that decision though, Mike spent several hours “grilling” Veronica Bocelli about the foundation.
In the end, we decided to introduce the Andrea Bocelli Foundation to our great clients because of the positive difference they make and because 95% of all funds raised go to their cause. This means only 5% of all funds are allotted for administrative costs. If those costs exceed 5%, Andrea and Veronica cover the difference themselves.
As you know, Mike has always been committed to making a difference. This philosophy is similarly shared by Andrea, Veronica and the ABF staff, and we are proud to support ABF in its many endeavors.
The Mike Ferry Organization
Voices of Haiti
ABF has several amazing projects currently active in Haiti—they provide food, water, education and healthcare—but one of their most inspiring is Voices of Haiti.
This project brings together 60 talented young students from the Fondation St. Luc schools to form a choir that has performed across the world. These children provide Haiti with a powerful voice to draw awareness to their country’s plight.
The Voices of Haiti program also provides these children with a chance to escape the violence and poverty linked to life in the slums.
How You Can Help
You can help ABF make a difference by donating to their cause and providing support to the various projects they opperate around the world.
Ways You Can Help ABF
• Donate Today!
• Pledge a set amount from each of your closings.
• Host a fundraising event.
• Promote ABF in your organization and through social media.
Learn more ways to get involved on ABF’s website by clicking here.
Where The Money Goes
The money you donate builds schools, builds better health and builds strong, young leaders.
• 650,000+ beneficiaries of the programs.
• 3,000+ students provided with access to education.
• 8,000 people provided with healthcare in the poorest and most remote areas in Haiti.
• 800 families in the HIV assistance program.
• 400,000 people provided with drinking water daily in the slums.
• 95% of the funds go directly to projects. The remaining 5% is for administration costs.
We would like to extend a special THANK YOU to the founding members of the Superstars of MFO who support ABF.
Your passion and commitment to this cause year after year is both inspiring and humbling.
Thank You to Our ABF Donors
Ann Marie M.
George Q M.
Tom & Lisa H.
Michael R. S.
Angela &Marc T.